Wednesday 3 August 2011

News Update 03/08/2011

A copy of the recent broadcast on RTE is being forwarded to me by Philip Bromwell and will be available for viewing here. The item ran on the 6 and 9 o'clock news, two minutes each time, four minutes of advertising on RTE at this time would cost at least  20 to 30k. I have been told by our PR consultant Breda Keena. 
 
I issued a press release earlier today on irishpressreleases.ie who offer free online press release services. It is used as a resource by editors, journalists, and freelance writers looking for the latest news. It is important to maintain a media profile, for all the right reasons of course. 
 
With the bank holiday I’m not in the office this week, but will keep in regular contact with Patricia, our partime office administrator. 
 
I spoke to Suzanne Byrne from Carrick in Donegal today, who is part of a group opening a new Country Market on August 13th. Our Regional Rep in Donegal Dan Loughrey spoke to the group about 6 weeks ago and they had lots of support from another of our markets - Leghowney. This is a good example of the cooperative spirit we should be showing. 
 
I will be travelling to Carrick next week. We will do a mini market so everyone is familiar with the procedures involved in the smooth running of a market and of the market committee. This is a good time to clarify any points and of course wish the producers well. Many of you will remember the excitement and enthusiasm involved in setting up. 
 
I’ve also been speaking to a man in Drogheda who is interested in setting up a market and contacted me as a direct result of the TV broadcast. He is now trying to gather up some producers and find a suitable location. 
 
The market visits are nearing an end for me for the moment. I will be getting ready for the Area Meetings and look forward to talking to as many of you as possible there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment